Sunday, November 10, 2013

Every night I fall asleep and this is all I ever dream.....

A song that makes me cry everytime I hear it....I think this topic is odd because until a year ago I didn't have one and the one I do have isn't a Taylor Swift I can't live without him song, it's Luther Vandross Dance with my father. This song kills me!! Yet I love it. 
These words are sooo true!! It hurts so bad just thinking I haven't hugged my daddy in almost a year. My heart aches everyday because I don't have him, I didn't go a day without talking to him. I  enjoy football because that was our thing, I grew up watching football with my daddy, cheering on the Tide! We always watched the game together, even once I was older,unless I was out of town in which case I would call him on commercial breaks. I remember the Saturday before he died watching my last Bama game with him, sitting next to his hospital bed, holding his hand and praying this wasn't my last game to watch with him. That memory, while it sounds painful, I will always cherish.  Luckily I have so many wonderful memories to hold onto, from my earliest memory to now he's a part of all my best memories! 
This part has always been true, even as an adult lol. When my mother would make me ill I would tell her (like even once I turned 30) I'm gonna call my daddy and tell on you. When she actually did make me mad I would call him and he always knew how to make everything better, never once disrespecting my mother. He was absolutely the most amazing man ever. I learned a lot about how a man should treat a woman by watching how amazing he was to my mom. His example was truly the best and I hope to one day find someone who treats me with the respect and love that my daddy gave my mom. 
What more can I say (without losing it on my end).....I was loved!! 






2 comments: