Thursday, October 24, 2013

DID THAT JUST HAPPEN??!?!?!?


Ok so I took a break! This single mom has had a heck of a week!! But I am back and today's topic is a great one for me…..Worst date ever! WOW this one was so easy to pick, it all started when I decided to listen to friends that thought I needed to date, you know get back in the saddle.  So I meet this guy through friends, a blind date if you will, and I am super nervous because it’s my first date since the divorce (turns out dating is like riding a bike, a terrible, rusty, uncomfortable bike).  I get my best heels on and I am ready to go, I get a text, because God forbid anyone pick up a phone, and it says to meet him in Pell City (he lives in Oxford).  So we meet, I am not overly impressed by his looks but trying not to be superficial I keep my mind open.  His suggestion for a first date dinner…..Cracker Barrel……Don’t get me wrong I love cracker Barrel, when I am with my granny, but on a first date…..REALLY!?! But hey I roll with it, what do I know, it’s been 10 years since I have been on a date. WELLLLLL at this lovely dinner he then plays on his phone checking his ESPN app as if there were some amazing stat he might miss while eating his veggie plate, needless to say I am annoyed but again keeping that OPEN mind! While he was on his phone I get a text that one of my nearest and dearest friends and her hubs were nearby, yep I put them on standby and glad I did because next stop on this first date disaster was to a lake with a walking track…..supposedly a romantic spot in good ole Anniston….keep in mind it’s like 40 degrees out. YES I had my friends head straight to the track to be my back up.  All the way to this lake he builds it up like we are about to take a gondola ride down the Riviera, turns out it was a walk around a freezing lake with a mile long walking track…..yeah buddy!! As we are walking this freezing track he says see there’s a happy couple (the only other people at this creepy park) and it was ALL I could do to hold in my laughter as this happy couple was my couple, my bestie there to make sure I don’t end up at the bottom of this Anniston “lake”.   After a 2 mile walk and a frozen nose he suggest a tour of the oxford/Anniston area…OH GOODY just what I have always hoped for, needless to say my friends were out! (they did stay on call for me though) However before this “magical” tour started he needed to stop by his house and get something, honestly I can’t remember what, and what happens at the house where I stay in the car……he brings his SON out to meet me!!!!! Now look I have NOTHING against kids!! I have 3, BUT you DO NOT go introducing kids on a first date!!! Awkward!!!!! At this point I am thinking take the tour, go home, and call this a wash, but oh the tour. We are passing every pointless landmatk in Oxford AL and I pretend to care enough to get through this and then it happened…..THE MAIN EVENT….he says “are you ready for this?” I can’t lie I was thinking OMG something worth mentioning is finally going to happen, maybe it’s not a wash, I wait with great anticipation because he seems so freaking pumped about this next step in the tour!! Ok, here we are driving over a bridge and he says with so much excitement “ok ok …we are in Oxford ANNNNNNNDDDDDD NOW we are in Anniston!!!!!!!!!!” WHAT???????? A city line!?!?!?!?!? I pass 3 on my way to work!!!! Was this fool serious?!?!?! I am a sensible person, very cautious, but at that very moment it took EVERY bone in my body, EVERY fiber of my being not to open the door and jump from this moving vehicle of dating DOOM!!!! Oh but folks it doesn’t end there, NO NO we went to downtown Anniston which in his words “was like Birmingham only a little smaller”  (keep in mind Birmingham is NOT my fav city and this street looked like the smallest part of B’ham which was far from desirable to me), and then he says “those are the city’s 2 bars…but I don’t go to bars and I don’t drink ….only trashy people do!” STOP THE CAR!!!!!!!! OK here it is, I DO NOT judge! Period! And I DO drink…..SOOOOO “take my trashy self-back to my car please” yes my exact words. I was beyond DONE!! Longest ride back to a car EVER!! I even swore off dating that night lol that obviously didn’t stick but none the less it was THE WORST experience in dating I have ever had, and right out the gate at that, I mean did I really waste a cute outfit and a fabulous pair of heels on that??? Answer….yes, yes I most certainly did and I laugh so hard about it now! So while dating can suck, and I have wasted many a cute outfit, it’s ok because if you can laugh at the end….eh it’s ok if it happened.

No comments:

Post a Comment