Wednesday, October 16, 2013

When one door closes.....

Where I am today vs. where I thought I would be......I'm proud to say I'm beyond where I ever expected. Growing up I had the typical little girl princess outlook on life, you grow up, you get married, have kids and you live happily ever after. Well that plan went flying out the window very early on! At 17 I gave birth to my amazing oldest son, no Prince Charming in the picture and certainly out of the original order of things. This in many people's mind, set me up for early failure. I was led to believe at this point I just needed to do what I could to get by and throw all my dreams out the window, and I did for a while. A few mistakes later (and I never call my children mistakes so that's not what I'm speaking of) I ended up in my "happily ever after", married, kids, house, you know "the dream". Turns out this Disney dream of mine was more like a nightmare. So 30 years old, back to square one, and far from where I thought I would and should be, I started my new ever after. Of coarse I had my pity party, balloons and all, telling myself it was all so unfair. Why me? Where was my happily ever after? Why was my Prince Charming less of a night in shinning armor and more of an idiot in Tinfoil? These are questions I still haven't got answers for, but I learned quickly I didn't need these answers, I learned I didn't need saving, because as it turns out all the negatives had brought me strength I didn't even know I had. Strength that gave me the courage to get to where I am today, and lord knows it wasn't an easy road. I've worked tirelessly to build what I have, Blood, sweat, and tears literally, but here I am.
I have more then I could have ever imagined.....I am a single mother that has THE most WONDERFUL monsters :) and as I sit here writing this  I am in a 5 star hotel, in a major city, on business. My work has taken me all over the world, which is much more then this small town girl ever thought she was capable of. So, I have this successful career, much more successful then I could've ever imagined, amazing kids, amazing friends that are like family, and much more and  while I had a lot of heart ache on the way, I regret none of it as it's molded me into the proud single working mother I am today. Not my original dream, but my amazing reality none the less. 

1 comment: