Wednesday, October 9, 2013

Who's that girl????


Name a moment when being single was awesome…..ugh yea I am going to have to change this one up a little. I am going to go with WHY being single is so awesome, because I cannot pin point one moment alone. There are so many perks to being single, from something as simple as karaoke night with your best single girls (belting out “none of your business” and “Independent women” knowing we can’t sing) to something as complex and extremely important as complete and total control of the remote. Also I would be remised if I didn’t mention my single girl love affair with Chef Boyardee (hey! abc 123’s are bomb),  a love affair I had to put aside while married because some people don’t  appreciate fine can dining. While all the things I have named are definitely a part of making being single so awesome, none of them compare to what I consider to be the most awesome of them all………finding out who I am! By the time I was 21 I had a family, kids, husband, the whole shebang and there was no time to think about Nicole. I mean seriously I made all these life decisions before I could even buy beer!   What did I know??? Answer….Nothing!! Well over the years as I realized I knew nothing about what I wanted, I became extremely aware that I didn’t want what I had. I mean of coarse my children were never a question, they are my world, but my adult life….my career….my husband, who sadly felt like a stranger, what was I doing? So after many years of debate I chose to start over at 30 and become the “single girl” again. How scary this was while exciting at the same time. I mean I now get to figure out what I have been wondering my entire 20’s….Who am I? Well the journey is never ending and I learn more about myself every day, something’s I love about me others eh not so much, but hey I am working on those. I am also learning what I want in a mate, I have definitely added to the  things I DO NOT want list I was already keeping,  but I am also now adding  things to the want list…things I never realized I found so charming and lovely about my male counterpart.  So ladies if you are reading this, single, and looking for “Mr. Wright”, make sure you know who Mrs. Wright is first, because if you don’t know what you want, then chances are you are going to be disappointed in what ya get.  

3 comments: