Monday, October 7, 2013

Why are YOU still single??

So I have committed  to a 30 day blogging challenge  from the perspective of a single girl. I find this intriguing considering I am not only a single girl in her 30's, but a single mother as well. The first thing on the agenda is the age old question us single girls get.... "and why are "YOU" still single?" Ahhh I love this question (sarcasm font needed!!) I mean what answer are you expecting?? Am I supposed to dig deep and find something ridiculously wrong with me so that it makes sense to you that I am single? Because clearly the fact that I refuse to settle for anything less then the best isn't a good enough option?? Then add onto it I am divorced AND a single mom to 3 amazing boys, WOW the faces I get!! Like bless her heart how will she ever find someone at her age with all her baggage...she can't be so picky!! Well here it is, I spent YEARS in a relationship that made my life miserable! I put on the fake smile like a good wife and pretended all was well. So excuse me if I would rather have nothing at all as opposed to a fake version of happy. So here is my official answer as to why I am still single years after divorce.....I REFUSE TO SETTLE!! That's right I said it, single women everywhere please hear me, you are NOT pathetic nor do you deserve the sad looks from your "happily" married friends when you RSVP party of one! Nor does this mean you are bitter and don't believe in LOVE, it just means you want real, true, knock your socks off love!! AND that is GREAT!! In this society where the Facebook status single can mean so much, I feel proud that I have not sacrificed my morals or happiness so I can say I have a "better half". See, I make an amazing whole and anything else is just an amazing accessory. So next time someone asks Why are YOU still single?? smile knowing it's because you are just that amazing!

Well I kept this first one short and sweet! I am new at blogging and this might only last the 30 days lol but I am definitely in it for this!  

5 comments: