Wednesday, October 16, 2013

I can wait....

Sorry for the break in my challenge! busy busy week, and once again this is coming to you from the air. Todays topic: 5 traits I require in my future mate...
1.) honesty!! This is so important in any relationship and unfortunately is lacking in most relationships. I've been lied to more then I'd like to admit and I've let myself believe those lies even more then I would like to admit, but ultimately those lies have been the destruction of what otherwise could've been great relationships. Once being lied to all trust is gone. Which brings me to 2!
2) trustworthy! This is huge with me! For starters, if I'm dating you I don't want to worry that every time I turn my back I have to wonder what's he getting into? Who's he talking to? And in return I expect him to trust me. I travel A LOT! That's probably pretty obvious and I can't stand a man thinking he has to worry when I'm gone. If I choose to be with you that's what I've chosen to do...don't question my loyalty. Also I'm a firm believer in having girls nights (and guys having guys nights) with zero doubt from either parties mind. If you trust each other, this healthy practice of having your own friends can be amazing to the relationship. However lack of trust, just like lying can be the quickest end to a relationship ever! I'm not a check your phone or emails snooping kinda girl so in my mind if you get to the point your in your partners business like that, it's past time to move on. 
3) successful! This does not mean he has to have tons of money. Ladies if you are looking at a man for his money you are so not going in the right direction. In my opinion, successful means they have goals...some they've met and some they are still working on. They are stable and they are always looking to better themselves no matter how well they are doing. 
4) funny!! I absolutely must have a man with a sense of humor. It's no secret I can be a smart ass, but I like a smart ass back, as long as it's all in fun. Part of that butterfly feeling I talk about wanting so bad is laughter! LOVE LOVE laughter. 
5) saved the best for last....MUST love my boys!! This is the most important qualification for a man with me. I'm not saying it's easy, its far from it, loving someone else's child is a very strong form of love. However, to be with me those monsters of mine must be loved as much if not more then you love me! They trump all! I absolutely hate seeing women with children putting their child behind a man. Knowing the man is wrong and still taking up for his ridiculous behavior with their child...for me it's easy, treat my monsters badly....to the left (next)! 

Honestly listing these traits was easy, I know what I want, finding this seems to be the issue! Also, if I could list a 6th trait, I would like a godly man. Now I don't make it to church every Sunday, I like wine, I can have a sailors mouth every now and then, BUT I am a very spiritual person. I have a church family who loves me even though I can't be there all the time, and if I say I'll pray for you please believe you get prayed for. So I guess what I'm looking for is a man with the same morals and values my amazing daddy had. I saw how wonderful he treated my mother and me and my sisters and I refuse to settle until I find at least a close replica of his values. It's gonna  be hard in today's society but hey...I can wait :) 

1 comment: